Friday, February 12, 2016

My Proudest Moment of My Life

            Think of the moments when you were proud of yourself. Maybe you got some awards or compliments, maybe you achieved your goal... but what was your proudest moment? My proudest moment was when I got the award after concours.
            I played cello, and I had only one rival (I can't understand why there are only few people who play cello compared to violin or piano). But even though there were only 2 competitors, it didn't mean that both of them got awards unrelated to their talent. There are standards of scores for getting awards, so if you get less score than those standards, then you can not get awards.
            When I played, I made lots of mistakes;because of the anxiety or fear, maybe. So I didn't even expected some awards. To make things worse, the boy who was against me played the same music with me! And I think he learned cello longer than me, because he used some challenging techniques and he seemed he've been doing concours many times. Anyway, as I said before, I didn't even think about awards. But my cello teacher, who was there at that moment, told me to stay there until they tell people who got awards.
           When suddenly people got louder, I realized that judges announced who got awards or not. I went straight to where judges stuck paper that tells the award and the names of people who got them. I found my name at the participation prize corner. Yeah! You might think 'Ah, it's just a participation prize! It's not golden prize or silver prize.' But you know, I learned cello for only 1 year and 3 months when I got that participation award. I am still proud of the award every time I see that on the shelf.

For those of you who wonder what award the boy got: he got the silver prize.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Heesung! You should be very proud!
    Reading your blog, it reminds me of my experience. I was proud too when I got the participation award. I understand you.

    ReplyDelete