Thursday, February 25, 2016

Inner Beauty But Not Outer Beauty-Lizzie Velasquez

             If we look at the media, such as newspaper or an article, we see a supermodel who has pretty faces and skinny body and say 'Wow, she's really beautiful.' When we do that, we are looking at her appearance, the outer beauty. However, the real beautiful person is someone who has inner beauty, such as personalities. This writing will explain about the most beautiful person in the world that I think;Lizzie Velasquez.
             You might have heard her name. She is known as 'The Ugliest Person in the World'. Lizzie has a really rare disease that only 2 out of 7,000,000,000 people all around the world have, including herself. Everyone wanted to be away from her only because she looked different from them.
             When she was 17 years old, she saw a youtube video that showed her photo for 8 seconds and was really shocked. To make it worse, the comments said things like these: 'kill it with fire', 'why did her parents let her grow?', etc. She began to hate herself, but she overcame it by her parents and others' help. Also, she decided to do her best to help people who has similar situation: teased and bullied by their appearances.
            If I was her, I would have spent the rest of my life suffering with the pains, thinking 'How can I help someone when I'm bullied? Why did the God gave me this horrible face?'. But what Lizzie did was different than what I thought. She thought like 'Yeah, I'm the ugliest woman in the world. SO WHAT? I have nothing wrong with my life, and my appearance is not related to my ability.'
            Remember, your appearances have nothing to do with your ability and your personality. Being ugly doesn't mean that you are different with others. Your looks are something like shells. More important thing is how shiny your jewel inside is. Lizzie Velasquez said, 'Am I gonna let the people who called me a monster define me? No. I'm gonna let my goals and my success and my accomplishments be the things that define me.'



3 comments:

  1. Heesung, I loved your introduction and conclusion. I think you explained well why you admire Lizzie Velasquez. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lizzie Velasquez solve the problem that in her mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wrote about her because I just love how Lizzie thought about herself even though other people says bad things about her and I love how she solve her problem.

    ReplyDelete